Are you fed up of how our bodies are portrayed in arts, culture and media?
Would you like the opportunity to tell your story, and learn about podcasting, in a safe space, in a workshop specifically for the Dwarf community?
To coincide with Dwarfism Awareness month 2019, Steph is running a workshop to enable Dwarf people (and our community) to develop our own voices and gain confidence in telling our stories and lived experiences. It’s a chance for us to talk about our bodies rather than being objectified, to control our own narratives rather than being mocked.
The workshop will be taking place on Saturday 19th October 2019 at ChapelFM, in Leeds, between 10am – 4pm.
- ChapelFM is a safe and relaxed venue.
- There is parking available straight outside the building.
- The venue has an accessible toilet.
- There is a lift to the first floor, chapel area.
- You can rest when need to.
- Plenty of step stools to be able to get up and down from chairs and rest feet.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
Want to join us?
If you are interested in participating in the workshop and…
- you have a form of dwarfism,
- are aged 18+,
- are available on Saturday 19th October to attend the workshop,
…then please fill out this form to register your interest by 4th October 2019 at 5pm.
Please note, there are limited spaces available on the workshop. If you have any questions about the workshop, please get in touch with email@example.com.
Spread the word!
If you know someone else with Dwarfism who would be interested in participating in the workshop, download and share this leaflet with them – What’s Your Story – Podcasting workshop for Dwarf people at ChapelFM Arts Centre, Leeds, October 2019!
This workshop is supported with funding from Arts Council England and the National
Lottery Heritage Fund, through Sunderland Culture’s Creative Development Fellowship.